Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spring Research & Testing

Been out fishing for pike lately (at the Toronto Islands), haven't had much time to do any updates, or post anything baits & fish wise, sorry for the delay ;) While I was there, I actually came up with a few new bait concepts for future use on bass & pike, but I'll save that for a future post! Instead I wanted to post about my trip today to a small pike/panfish lake, since Pike just opened in Division 4, I decided to give it a go !

Unfortunetly, I didn't see any pike, saw 1 LM that came cruising in to check us out and about 5-10 minutes later I noticed some panfish (sunfish/rockbass/bluegill) that were in the shallows right in front of us, which seemed to be active. We decided to go Ultra-Light !! It was a perfect oppurtunity to test my new UL (ultra-light) rod, and also try out one of my new baits "John's Steel Jigs" which were originally intended for use on rainbow trout & steelhead, for some odd reason I got the feeling they would do the trick, and they sure did !! Here's the results & a few pics of my new UL rig.

Shimano Convergence - UL VERSION
Ultra Light Specs
Shimano Sedona 1500
South View
North View
caught on a black steel jig - ROCK BASS

Copyright SenSei Bait Co. 2006-2009. All Rights Are Reserved.