Sunday, May 13, 2007

Toronto Islands & Bait Concepts

As I mentioned in my last report/post, I was out fishing for pike (last Thursday) at the Toronto Islands, but while I was there I had a few new ideas for some baits that I've been itching to make. While fishing off a particular dock, I was realizing how the fish down there (especially in recent reports) just love sinking their teeth into black/white & black/silver husky jerks, which in my opinion, look quite like the natural shad & baitfish that reside in the Islands.

There will also be times in afternoons when the water warms up and the fish will bite just about any color, but when the bite is a little off these more natural colored baits seem to do the trick. With that in mind, I didn't see any pike that day, but I saw plenty of bass in the canals, it got me thinking.. the bass probably like that color aswell. I started thinking up top-water bass & pike concepts, and heres what I came up with aswell as a few pics from the islands !!

NEW CONCEPTS.
Parkette
Toronto Skyline
Wards Island Canal

Copyright SenSei Bait Co. 2006-2009. All Rights Are Reserved.